Did you know that March is National Nutrition Month? This month in the Performance Pit, we’re focusing on nutrition and how we can make healthy choices. Even taking traditional food recipes and transforming ingredients into recipes you’d never imagine. This brownie recipe has a secret ingredient-avocado!!
By adding healthy fat like avocado, it makes the taste of chocolate pop and ultra rich. No one will ever guess that these Fudgy Avocado Brownies are healthy
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with spray and set aside.
- Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine the cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder mixture to the avocado mixture; mix well. Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even. Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for an hour before removing from the pan. Cut into sixteen squares.
This recipe makes 16 servings.
Portion Fix Containers: 1 Yellow, 1 tsp.
2B Mindset Plate It: Enjoy this as an occasional treat. Be sure to track!