Do you need a simple but quick dinner idea? Sliders are always easy and so good!!
Check out this Philly Cheese Steak Sliders recipe that has a few tweaks to fit into any meal plan!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green (or red) bell pepper, sliced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped (or 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 8 oz. raw lean beef sirloin, sliced very thin
- ¼ cup sliced banana (or cherry) peppers (optional)
- 2 oz. provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 small whole-wheat rolls, split, toasted
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet (or griddle) over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add mushrooms and oregano. Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add sirloin; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.
- Top evenly with banana peppers (if desired) and cheese.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top buns evenly with meat mixture; serve immediately.