- 2 cloves garlic, grated, divided use
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 2 bunches raw kale, washed, dried (about 1 lb.)
- 4 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Preheat grill or broiler on high.
To make dressing, combine half of garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Slowly add 2 Tbsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended. Set aside.
Combine remaining 2 tsp. oil and remaining half of garlic in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Remove central rib and stem from each kale leaf. Brush leaves with half of oil and garlic mixture. Set aside.
Brush bread with the other half of oil and garlic mixture. Set aside.
Grill kale for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, or until slightly brown and crispy. (Kale might need to be grilled in batches.) Cut (or tear) into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
Grill bread for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy. Cut into large cubes.
Combine kale and bread in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Sprinkle with cheese.