Sweet Potatoes are one of those staples that can be made in so many ways. One of those ways is to add it to your salad. Warm sweet potatoes give the salad a crunch along with the combo of green apples and pumpkin seeds. This salad is a great fall dish you can add anytime of the day!
Note: Avoid over cooking your sweet potatoes by cooking them at 450 for about 30 to 35 minutes. Its best to test them by piercing the sweet potato with a fork.
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 dash Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh herbs (like basil, oregano or parsley) (to taste; optional)
- 1 medium baked sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium green apple, diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk green onion, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seed kernels, toasted (or chopped raw walnuts)
Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and herbs (if desired) in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Combine sweet potato, apple, bell pepper, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle dressing over sweet potato mixture; toss gently to blend.
Place even amounts of arugula on two serving plates; top each with sweet potato mixture and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
No comment yet, add your voice below!