The cold months are here and comfort food is an all time favorite. This Turkey Chili is the perfect meal to make ahead and enjoy throughout the week. It’s also high protein and healthy!
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 (28-oz.) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (15-oz. each) cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- Crushed red peppers (to taste; optional)
- 12 sprigs parsley, chopped
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
Add turkey; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned
Add tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, and red peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide turkey chili into 6 serving bowls and garnish with parsley if desired.
No comment yet, add your voice below!