Mason jar salads are an easy and great way to not only meal prep but eat on the go. This recipe pairs zoodles and a healthy fat-avocado! The taste is full of flavor and I know you will love it!.
- ½ medium ripe avocado, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (or 2 Tbsp. red onion)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell peppers
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- 6 cups shredded raw spinach
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cups medium zucchini, spiralized (approx. 2 zucchini)
- Place avocado, yogurt, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, and parsley in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Evenly divide dressing between 4 one-quart Mason jars. Set aside.
- Evenly layer celery, bell peppers, onion, cucumber, spinach, tomatoes, cheese, olives, and zucchini on top of dressing in jars.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.