These breakfast quesadillas are easy to prep and are a great grab-and-go breakfast during the week!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium jalapeños seeds and veins removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 4 large egg whites ½ cup
- 4 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeños (if desired); cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add eggs and egg whites; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove from heat.
- Top each tortilla evenly with egg mixture and cheese.
- Fold each tortilla in half; cook in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown.
Tip: You can cook quesadillas you are going to eat or serve, and you can tightly wrap the others and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days (or freeze them). This is a great way to have breakfasts prepared in advance.